Sunday 6 January 2013

A mantra for 2013


2013 is only 6 days old but I already feel like I'm struggling. No doubt, the fact I have to go back to work tomorrow has something to do with it. I've been having nausea for a few days now, which got so bad I did a pregnancy test! Alas, it was negative, but an indication something is not right. 

I thought I was stressed about going back to work, and having nothing to do. I realised that I'm actually stressed about having to go back to work and see the two pregnant women who will no doubt have increased in size dramatically in the 2.5 weeks I've had off. It's hard to face, so I decided I needed to get my head in a good space, so created a mantra for 2013 that I will use to keep myself on track!

I will not live my life in fear, weighed down by what ifs, could bes and should bes.

I will tackle life with courage, fearlessness and passion to find the essence of who I really am.

I choose to be present in my life, embrace the potential of each new day, strive for my dreams and be grateful for everyone and everything I have.

I choose to risk falling down to create a future based on propulsion not procrastination.

I remain conscious that I am the only person responsible for my happiness so will utilise my determination, desire and strength to achieve fulfilment.  

I am committed to living for today, remembering yesterday and letting tomorrow be what it may.

I will ignite myself to become fully alive, relishing each moment. 

I've written this in my diary and have made a promise to myself to look at it every morning, and re-read it when I feel myself slipping. I hope it helps you too!

Image by adamr
Courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...